|Isn’t it finally time to get away? Your local oasis awaits!|
We can all agree that it has been a tough year! We have been distanced from our loved ones, our routine lives, and we have lost opportunities to travel to our favorite vacation spots.
Have you ever heard of the term Travitude? No, well we have…, and we’d love to share what it means with you…
Travitude is ‘when you get grumpy and sassy due to of a lack of traveling’. (Don’t check that with Mr. Webster, he may not agree with us). This year, we feel pretty confident that many are suffering from a little bit of Travitude, if you will (insert wink here)! So, if you are “chomping at the bit” to get out and about and make some travel plans, be sure to add the sweet hometown of Ellicottville, NY to your destination calendar! And, book your home away from home today!
- Do you love hiking, biking, and all things outdoors? ✔️
- Are you hoping for a much-needed get-away for you and your significant other? ✔️
- Are you looking to decompress, window shop, and unplug from the everyday? ✔️
- Are you hoping to create the most amazing memories that will make you want to come back year after year? ✔️💯
If yes, then read on, friends!
Elkdale Country Club
Nestled in the rolling hills of New York’s Southern Tier, Elkdale Country Club offers a challenging 18-hole golf course, beautiful scenery and complete restaurant and lounge facility. The front nine at Elkdale was built in 1927 and is cut through varied terrain and mature trees. The back nine was added in mid-1960’s and is a bit longer with larger greens. The 6132-yard par 70 layout is designed to provide an interesting challenge for players of all skill levels. Our modern tee-to-green watering system insures maximum playability through-out the season. The course includes a challenging 555-yard par 5 followed by a 215-yard par 3. The course men’s rating is 70.2 and the slope rating is 122.
Fill your days at the Sky High Adventure Park: 13 courses (largest in NYS and 3rd largest in US), 142 platforms, 170 elements, 43 ziplines, tallest platform is 68 feet & the longest zip line is 350 feet! If that doesn’t get your heart racing, I’m not sure what will! If that seems a little too extreme, check out the biking options and journey on one of the several trails via mountain bike or rent an e-bike for the afternoon! Finish your day with a challenging game of golf. The course is a pleasing blend of a mountain and flat terrain.
Rock City Park
A piece of history and a local hidden gem, Rock City Park is the perfect opportunity to take the family for a day of hiking through giant rock formations and trails that descend into crevices. There are spectacular views of the area to enjoy, and events planned all throughout the summer!
Griffis Sculpture Park
450 acres located eight miles outside of Ellicottville, Griffis Sculpture Park is not only a tremendous regional attraction, but holds the distinction of being one of America’s largest and oldest sculpture parks. The park features over 250 large scale sculptures dispersed through miles of hiking trails. Each sculpture was placed with the natural setting in mind, creating a truly unique experience between art and nature.
Now if you have heard anything about Holimont, you might think if there is no snow, there is nothing happening there. Let’s talk about biking and trails in this gorgeous area! Access to a fun and flowy, 1 mile trail from the top of our Greer slope to the main chalet area. Recently added is a trail that connects the top of Sunset to the top of Greer. This trail can be found by climbing up the HoliMont multi-purpose trail or from the 30+ miles of single track in the McCarthy Forest. HoliMont has direct access to some of the best trails in Western New York. Whether you like to hike or bike, the single-track trails in McCarthy State Forest has something for everyone. There are over 40 miles of IMBA Epic trails to ride in EVL and surrounding area.
After exploring the area, you are going to be ready to pamper yourself with a fun night out. Vacation calories do not count, right? So, while you are here, make sure you visit one of the 23 eateries or pubs in town. Just to mention a few favorites:
- Dina’s Restaurant, rated #1 by TripAdvisor and a fan favorite in I LOVE NY’s Restaurant Challenge. For a more refined palate, check out their extensive wine list and pair it to their filet mignon or their lobster ravioli.
- Ellicottville Brewing Company, ranked one of the best bars and brew pubs in NY State. They also serve a mean menu; tasty dishes range from ‘loaded brewer tots’ to Persia Salmon and NY Strip Steak.
- The Gin Mill, a house favorite of Bills running back #34, Thurman Thomas. He and his wife say they have, “the best fries around”.
- Katy’s Café, lighter fare and a morning option for early risers. Come enjoy the local artwork while sipping on a made to order espresso, grab a breakfast bagel or sit and enjoy some homemade French toast. If you get a hankering for something sweet after perusing the town all day, head back here for ice cream or a milkshake.
- Villagios, another favorite of Thurman Thomas, Bills running back #34! Fine, Italian cuisine working with local growers, farmers, and businesses. Winner of 2016’s Taste of Buffalo: Pat Sardina Memorial Award for Best Comfort Food — Meatball.
Enjoy your adventure,
you deserve it!