Spring is right around the corner, which means numerous homes in your community are sure to go up for sale. If you’re thinking about doing the same, there are several ways you can get a jump start on making sure your home is ready to hit the market!
- Start packing and getting rid of stuff you don’t want to take with you when you go. Sounds crazy to start this already, but getting a head start on de-cluttering will help ensure your house is show-ready when you list, not to mention, alleviate a lot of the hassle that comes with moving when the time comes.
- Have a “pre home inspection” performed to prepare for anything that may come up during the real deal during the sale process. This can help avoid surprises when it’s crunch time and may help your home show better if the items are already taken care of.
- Have the carpets cleaned. Clean always shows better than dirty!
- Take care of any interior or exterior paint touch ups that are needed.
- Replace kitchen cabinet hardware.
- Lighten it up! Homes photograph and show best in attractive, well lit rooms. New bulbs, lighter curtains/blinds, and clean windows make a huge difference.
- Contact your ERA Team VP Agent for more tips and to get the process started!