Home staging is a marketing investment in selling a home. Setting the stage for a higher selling price and a faster sale, home staging transforms properties from everyday living spaces into homes that buyers can see as their own.
Statistics show that staged homes spend 80 percent less time on the market and 94.6 percent sell in approximately 35 days or less!* It's a way to "de-personalize" the listing and allows the buyer to "mentally move in". Since home buying is a mostly emotional response, we don't want buyers to feel as though they are intruding on a seller's life, but entering what could be their new one!
*Based on ASP survey of 885 homes across Canada and the continental United States from June 2007 through November 2008.
- Staged homes show better than competing homes for sale
- Research shows that staged homes often sell for considerably more money and in substantially less time than non-staged homes
- Photos of staged homes look better online and in print
- Staged homes are recognized as properties ready to sell and are more likely to be shown
- Staged homes are recognized by buyers as the best properties to see
ERA® Real Estate has a unique relationship with an expert home staging company. Staging your home doesn't have to be expensive to be effective; some basic knowledge of simple staging techniques and the ability to look at your home from a fresh perspective are usually what is needed. Ask your ERA Team VP Realtor® for great home staging tips and resources!